1.1 This classification system covers polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) plastics that consist of at least 90 % chlorotrifluoroethylene and are suitable for extrusion and for compression and injection molding. The remaining 10 % may include chemical modifications, such as co-monomers, but not colorants, fillers, plasticizers, or mechanical blends with other resins. This classification system does not cover recycled PCTFE materials.
1.2 The physical and electrical properties of parts molded or extruded from PCTFE molding compounds vary with the crystalline content obtained during processing and subsequent annealing. Accordingly, the numerical values listed in Table 1 apply only to the test specimens molded in accordance with Section 8. These values may not be applicable as design criteria to parts prepared and annealed under other conditions.
1.3 The values stated in SI units as detailed in IEEE/ASTM SI 10 are to be regarded as the standard. The values given in brackets are for information only.
1.4 The following precautionary statement pertains only to the test methods portion, Section 10, of this classification system: This standard does not purport to address all of the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use.
Note 1 – Although this classification system and ISO 12086-1 (1995) and ISO 12086-2 (1995) differ in approach or detail, data obtained using either are technically equivalent.
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 79 KB
- Redline File Size:
- 2 files , 270 KB